Wednesday, December 28, 2016

This is the second time I have heard of Peanut Butter Pie in my family. My Aunt Chris on my mother's side makes one that we often eat at Thanksgiving and family gatherings and with which I am familiar. But yesterday, I found a pie recipe when I was preparing my post on zucchini bread that I'd like to share. Not surprisingly, it is a recipe from my grandfather, who was known for making dozens of pies by hand at holiday gatherings, most famously vanilla cake pie which was often playfully fought over by my dad and my cousins. This recipe, however, is for a pie that I don't remember him ever making.

Peanut Butter Pie

1 envelope of plain Knox gelatin
1/3 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of hot water
4 oz of cream cheese
8 oz of cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar
Graham cracker pie crust

Put 1 envelope of plain (Knox) gelatin into 1/2 cup of hot water. Let cool.

Cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, cool whip, and powdered sugar. Pour in gelatin and mix well. Pour into graham cracker pie crust shell. Let stand in fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.