Thursday, December 29, 2016

My mother used to make these cookies around Christmas time when I was growing up. They taste like holidays to me in fact, even decades later. You'll notice that the recipe is very easy to make and calls for very few ingredients, hence the "easy" in their title. However, although the recipe mentions either chocolate or cherry cake mix, I've never had them with chocolate as my mother always used cherry growing up and this is what I remember. I cannot vouch for how they would turn out with chocolate cake mix.

Easy Yum-Yum Cookies
Makes 3-4 doz.

1 egg
2 cups of cool whip
1 box of cherry (or chocolate) cake mix
1 tsp of vanilla
Powdered sugar

Mix egg, cool whip, cake mix, and vanilla extract by hand. (Dough will be stiff). Drop by teaspoon in powdered sugar, then on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.