Monday, December 12, 2016

This is my own variation on a favorite chicken salad recipe I've made for my husband and parents in the past. When I couldn't find the original online recipe I used, I created the following one. This chicken salad is simple--it only has three basic ingredients--and yet it can easily be modified with eggs, basil, paprika, etc. I usually make this when the chicken is a good price at the store; this recipe will make enough salad to make sandwiches or put on crackers all week long. Best of all, it's gluten free!

Bethany's Chicken Salad

2 lbs of chicken breasts
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/8 tsp of pepper
1/8 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of lite mayonnaise
2 celery stalks, finely chopped

Cut up the chicken breast into pieces and cook it over medium heat until cooked thoroughly. After it is done, use a metal spatula to chop it into even finer pieces.

Finely chop celery; place into large mixing bowl. Add chicken and mayonnaise. Stir. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper as directed, or to taste. Chill before serving.