Saturday, February 29, 2020

My dad said that the bakery in his hometown of Bluffton, Ohio had the most amazing sausage rolls when he was growing up. I have yet to find a recipe like what he described, so I invented my own. I've named them woof rolls for obvious reasons--any type of meat or cheese brings our two dogs, Stormie and Colum, running to the kitchen. In any case, here's the recipe I came up with. Enjoy!

Stormie and Colum's Woof Rolls
(Sausage and Cheese Rolls)
Serves 8

16 oz of ground sausage
16 crescent rolls (2 pkgs)
8 oz pkg of shredded cheddar

Brown ground sausage; drain well. On a cookie sheet, arrange flattened crescent rolls. Press shredded cheese into dough; top with ground sausage. Roll tightly. If desired, press a small amount of cheese on top of the crescent roll. Bake for approximately 10 minutes at 375 until golden brown.