Monday, August 15, 2016

I started making this recipe when I lived in my tiny one bedroom apartment in downtown Durham while I attended college.  It's inexpensive, easy to make, and tastes delicious.  This is a great main course dish, or something easy to take to a potluck.  I've seen variations of this recipe throughout the years, but this is the one that I've always loved best.


Pepperoni Pasta Bake

3/4 lbs (12 oz) of rotini pasta
16 oz (2 cups) of mozzarella cheese
4 oz can of mushrooms
4 oz can of sliced black olives
24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
6 oz of pepperoni
16 ounces of ground sausage, browned

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground sausage until thoroughly cooked; drain. Boil pasta according to directions and spread evenly in a 2 quart casserole dish. Stir in sausage, black olives, mushrooms, and spaghetti sauce and mix evenly.  Take half of the cheese and pepperoni and mix in. Line the top of the casserole with pepperoni, then cover with remaining cheese.  

Bake for around 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and has started to brown on edges.

A Note From Bethany...
You may need to use more pasta sauce depending on taste. I generally use most of the package of pepperoni, but you can use less if you'd like. Sometimes I add chopped sauteed onions, depending on the time I have to make the casserole.